Compared directly to Synvisc-One,‡9 DUROLANE reduced pain more effectively.
In a Level 1 study, there was a significantly greater reduction in visual analog scale (VAS) pain scores at 3 and 6 months with DUROLANE compared to Synvisc-One (hylan G-F 20) (p<0.001).9
- 41% lower VAS pain score at 6 months vs. Synvisc-One (hylan G-F 20).
- Only DUROLANE mainained a significant reduction vs. baseline.
‡Some patients were treated with a three-injection Synvisc regimen. A three-injection Synvisc regimen is equivalent to one injection of Synvisc-One.
Synvisc and Synvisc-One are registered trademarks of Genzyme Biosurgery.
Clinically Equivalent to Five-Injection Hyaluronic Acid Therapy.14,17
In a Level 1 study, one injection of DUROLANE:
- Produced pain reduction at 6 months that was noninferior to pain relief following five injections of the comparator hyaluronic acid.
- 79% of DUROLANE-treated patients experienced improved pain control for up to 26 weeks§10
- Choose convenience without compromise and get powerful results of a single-injection.
§Outcomes measured by WOMAC subscores. The primary outcome was the WOMAC pain responder rate, defined as at least 40% relative improvement and 5-point absolute improvement from baseline values at 12 weeks.
Compared directly to steroids injections,‖14 DUROLANE relieved pain longer.
In a Level 1 study:
- DUROLANE was proven to be noninferior to steroid at 6 weeks.¶
- Results favored DUROLANE for reduction in WOMAC pain, function and stiffness scores from weeks 12 to 26.
- A significant reduction from baseline to week 26 in WOMAC pain scores was achieved with DUROLANE vs steroid.
‖Effect-sizes for WOMAC domains with 95% CIs during the blinded phase of the study.
¶The primary outcome was the WOMAC pain responder rate, defined as at least 40% relative improvement and 5-point absolute improvement from baseline values at 12 weeks.
Significantly Improved Quality of Life
A single injection of DUROLANE significantly improved all Knee and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS) parameters in as early as 2 weeks, and the improvements persisted for up to 24 weeks.27